VISITING FOR THE FIRST TIME?
We are so excited to have you and your family! Here's what to expect:
- Newborns to 3rd graders will be a part of CityKids
- Check-in takes place at the CityKids entrance in the lobby.
- Our 4th-6th graders are in the sanctuary on Sundays as part of our District 46 ministry.
WHO WE ARE
CityKids exists to partner with parents to disciple kids in belonging, believing, and becoming resilient followers of Jesus. We use curriculum from Wonder Ink.
Sign up for our CityKids newsletter to stay up to date on events, resources, and other important information!
CityKids exists to partner with parents by walking alongside them in the midst of the various joys and challenges that come with parenting. The following resources are recommended as great starting points for learning about and practicing what it means to share the good news of God’s wondrous works with your children (Psalm 78:4-5).
- The Jesus Storybook Bible- The Jesus Storybook Bible tells the Story beneath all the stories in the Bible, pointing to Jesus as our Savior. From the Old Testament through the New Testament, as the Story unfolds, children will clearly see that Jesus is at the center of God's great story of salvation—and at the center of their story too.
- God Made Series- The God Made Me series features beautifully illustrated children’s books created to help guide parents and caretakers toward important, gospel-centered conversations with their kids. The back of each book contains a special section just for parents and caregivers that will guide them in how to have biblical, loving conversations with children and give them additional information and resources to equip them in talking about this important subject.
- Give them Grace- Give Them Grace is a revolutionary perspective on parenting that shows us how to receive the gospel afresh and give grace in abundance, helping our children know the dazzling love of Jesus and respond with heartfelt obedience.
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity- Reggie Joiner and Carey Nieuwhof help parents discover a bigger story in which to involve their family, one in which multiple influential voices combine in order to tell kids the same thing: that a relationship with God really matters.
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family- Paul Tripp offers parents much more than a to-do list. Instead, he presents us with a big-picture view of God’s plan for us as parents. Outlining fourteen foundational principles centered on the gospel, he shows that we need more than the latest parenting strategy or list of techniques. Rather, we need the rescuing grace of God―grace that has the power to shape how we view everything we do as parents.
- Spotify Playlist- Some of our favorite songs we sing in CityKids
Serving in kids ministry provides a unique opportunity for you to be a part of the transformative hope of the gospel in a child’s life. If you would like to become a CityKids leader, please fill out the link below to let us know!
HOW DO I CHECK IN MY CHILD?
Check-in takes place at the entrance of the CityKids in the lobby of 815 Bridge Ave.
WHAT IF I WANT MY CHILD TO ATTEND SERVICE WITH ME?
Children are always welcomed and their attendance in our service is celebrated! We have coloring pages and Growing in Worship activity pages at our CityKids table to help your child engage with the main service.
If your child has made a profession of faith in Jesus, we would love for them to join us for Lord's Supper every 3 weeks.
WHAT IF I LOSE MY SECURITY STICKER?
If you lose your security sticker, please go to the check in desk, and we will print you a new sticker! In order to receive a new sticker, you must provide ID verification.
WHAT IF MY CHILD'S SECURITY CODE APPEARS ON THE SCREEN DURING SERVICE?
If your child’s number appears on the screen please head straight to their ministry environment to find out more information.
DO YOU HAVE A NURSING MOTHER’S ROOM?
Yes! Our nursing mother’s room is located off the lobby and is equipped with a space for you to nurse, change, and relax with your little one.
MY CHILD IS INTERESTED IN BAPTISM. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Head to this form and one of our Children’s team members will reach out to you about your child getting baptized!